Townsville Casual Lifeguards
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking 10 highly motivated individuals to fulfil casual Lifeguard positions based in North Queensland.
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) employs over 550 people throughout Queensland. SLSQ is an efficient and vibrant organisation servicing over 33,000 members. It was formally established in 1930 and is the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland, comprising of 57 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches. The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants. SLSQ is directly affiliated with, and is part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF).
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives. Our Organisation encompasses a number of diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, aviation, fundraising and commercial training.
Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking highly passionate, highly motivated and reliable individuals to join our NQ team. This role will require individuals to maintain supervision and safety of designated lifesaving patrol areas within a designated bathing reserve, provide advice on safety to visitors and perform rescues, first aid and resuscitation as required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To conduct Lifeguard Operations within the areas allocated by the Regional Lifeguard Supervisor or Senior Duty Lifeguard.
- To establish a safe bathing area for the public and proactively manage the patrolled area for hazard reduction.
- To maintain currency in life saving skills.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- SLS Bronze Medallion and Certificate II in Public Safety (Essential)
- First Aid Certificate (Essential)
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate (Essential)
- Working with Children Blue Card (Essential)
- Capable of completing required lagoon or beach fitness testing outlined in – LGOM 019
- Proof of Identity Check (points of identification and working rights) (Essential)
- Demonstrable commitment to empowering and respecting children and young people (Essential)
Why work for SLSQ
- Access to salary Packaging benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Environment
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation and then APPLY NOW!!