Part Time Lifeguards (South East Queensland)
SLSQ is seeking three highly motivated part time Lifeguards to join the South East Queensland team for the duration of 8 months.
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) was formally established in 1930, is the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland and comprises of 58 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches which service more than 36,000 members.
SLSQ employs over 550 people throughout Queensland and is an efficient and vibrant organisation. The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants.
SLSQ is directly affiliated with and is part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF). SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives with a vision of zero preventable deaths in Queensland public waters. Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms; Lifesaving services, Community education, Membership services, Surf sports, Fundraising and Commercial training.
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principal: to save lives.
Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
Are you looking for your next step in your Lifeguard career? Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking three highly motivated, and reliable part-time temporary Lifeguards to fill 8-month positions. Reporting to the South East Queensland Lifeguard Supervisor. The responsibilities of the Lifeguard Supervisor is to maintain supervision and safety of designated lifesaving patrol areas within a designated bathing reserve, provide advice on safety to visitors and perform rescues, first aid and resuscitation as required.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- To conduct Lifeguard Operations within the areas allocated by the Regional Lifeguard Supervisor or Senior Duty Lifeguard.
- To establish a safe bathing area for the public and proactively manage the patrolled area for hazard reduction.
- To maintain currency in life saving skills.
Step 1 – Written application.
Step 2 – Fitness testing, scenario, written, conduct and interview.
Step 3 – (if required) Second interview.
Step 4 – Positions offered to successful candidates
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- SLS Bronze Medallion and Certificate II in Public Safety (Essential)
- First Aid Certificate (Essential)
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate (Essential)
- Working with Children Blue Card (Essential)
- Capable of completing required lagoon or beach fitness testing outlined in – LGOM 019
- Proof of Identity Check (points of identification and working rights) (Essential)
- Demonstrable commitment to empowering and respecting children and young people (Essential)
- A high level of lifesaving knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate a high level of fitness
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- A minimum of 5 years of Lifeguarding
Why work for SLSQ
- Access to salary Packaging benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
Here at SLSQ we don’t only offer on the job training but further professional development opportunities and many benefits and perks.
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation and then APPLY NOW!