Full-time Lifeguards - Townsville
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking five highly motivated individuals to fulfil Permanent Full-Time Lifeguard Positions based in Townsville.
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) employs over 550 people throughout Queensland. SLSQ is an efficient and vibrant organisation servicing over 33,000 members. It was formally established in 1930 and is the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland, comprising of 57 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches. The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants. SLSQ is directly affiliated with, and is part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF).
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives. Our Organisation encompasses a number of diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, aviation, fundraising and commercial training.
Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
Are you looking for your next step in your Lifeguard career? Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking five highly passionate, highly motivated and reliable Lifeguards to fill Permanent Full-Time Lifeguard Positions. Reporting to the region’s Lifeguard Supervisor, Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining supervision and safety to members of the public by providing advice on safety, performing rescues, first aid and resuscitation as required.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in Lifeguard Industry including Leadership of other Lifeguards, experience at working various beaches across the coast and experience at major incidents (if any)
- Times where you have demonstrated your ability to solve problems and shown initiative.
- Your knowledge and application of policies and procedures in the Lifeguard service.
- Times where you have shown your work ethic whilst on duty.
- How you’ve kept up to date with your lifeguarding practical and theoretical skills and procedures.
- The recruitment will include the following process (please note – All parts of the recruitment process listed below count toward to the end result)
Step 1 – Written application.
Step 2 – Fitness testing, scenario, written, conduct and interview.
Step 3 – (if required) Second interview.
Step 4 – Positions offered to successful candidates
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Lifeguarding (desirable) A current Working with Children Blue Card
- Bronze Medallion (Certificate II Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
- A current Queensland Driver’s License
- Recreational Marine License and Personal Watercraft License
- Capable at all times of completing 800m pool swim in under 14 minutes (minimum pool length is 25 metres), 600m swim x 800m run x 600m board paddle x 800m run in under 28 minutes on an ocean course, 100m tube rescue of a patient out to sea and return (optional-flippers) and 200m board rescue of patient out at sea and return (As Per LGOM019)
- A high level of lifesaving knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate a high level of fitness
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- A minimum of 5 years of Lifeguarding
Why work for SLSQ
- Access to salary Packaging benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Environment
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
Please submit your resume, cover letter and 2-page document addressing the below key selection criteria to email@example.com by midnight 23rd April 2023.
Here at SLSQ we don’t only offer on the job training but further professional development opportunities and many benefits and perks.
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation and then APPLY NOW!