Education & Training Supervisor – South Coast
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) was formally established in 1930, is the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland and comprises of 58 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches which service more than 36,000 members.
SLSQ employs over 550 people throughout Queensland and is an efficient and vibrant organisation. The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants. SLSQ is directly affiliated with and is part of, Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF).
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives with a vision of zero preventable deaths in Queensland public waters. Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms; Lifesaving services, Community education, Membership services, Surf sports, Fundraising and Commercial training.
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives.
Our Organisation encompasses a number of diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, aviation, fundraising and commercial training. Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
The Education & Training Supervisor provides frontline delivery of Life Saving courses to SLSQ members to actively support and build sustainability of SLSQ clubs and members in the area of member education. This role supports the delivery of relevant and compliant nationally accredited/non-accredited surf awards and training. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Coordinate, deliver and develop Life Saving Education within the region
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within the region
- Assist with the efficient and effective coordination and delivery of other SLSQ programs in the region
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- SLSA Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (Essential)
- Provide and maintain Working with Children blue card (Essential)
- In depth knowledge of Surf Life Saving Education programs (Essential)
- Certificate IV TAE 40110 or TAE40116 or Higher (hold / ability to work towards) (Essential)
- Current Trainer/Assessor experience within Surf Life Saving (Desirable)
- Hold SLSQ Operational awards e.g. IRB (Inflatable Rescue Boat) Crew / Drivers etc (Desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience writing evaluation reports (Essential)
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines (Essential)
- High level computer skills (Essential)
- Hold a current Driver’s License (Essential)
Why work for SLSQ
- Access to salary Packaging benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Environment
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
This is a great opportunity to join an iconic organisation that truly makes a difference in keeping people safe in our public waters.
Here at SLSQ we don’t only offer on the job training but further professional development opportunities and many benefits and perks.
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation and then APPLY NOW!