Community Awareness Coordinator Gold Coast
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and engaging Community Awareness Coordinator to drive and present beach and water safety to children and communities in a fun, engaging and energetic way.
Who We Are:
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) employs over 550 people throughout Queensland. We are a vibrant organisation servicing over 33,000 members. Formally established in 1930, we are the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland, comprising of 57 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches. Our organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants. We are directly affiliated with, and are a part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF).
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives.
Our Organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community awareness, education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising, aviation, lifeguards and commercial training.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and engaging Community Awareness Coordinator to drive and present beach and water safety to children and communities in a fun, engaging and energetic way. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the planning and delivery of these Community Awareness programs across your region. Programs include, Little Lifesavers, Beach to Bush, Water Safety Month and more!
- Developing and maintaining a Community Awareness program plan within the Gold Coast region.
- Benchmarking other Community Awareness and Educational Programs.
- Maintaining registers, databases, reports and records.
- Coordinating and distributing casual staff rosters.
- Ensuring effective delivery of Community Awareness Programs.
- Delivering highly engaging educational and surf awareness sessions.
- Being an outstanding brand ambassador for Surf Life Saving Queensland and its entities.
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Great client service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work weekends and / or evenings as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills (minimum)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to obtain) (Essential)
- Open Driver’s License (Essential)
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (Bronze Medallion) (Desirable)
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (or equivalent) (Desirable)
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003 or equivalent) (Desirable)
- Previous experience with scheduling, including but not limited to scheduling of staff and resources (Desirable)
Why Work for SLSQ:
- Access to salary packaging benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
- Passionate and focused team environment working to a common goal
- A job you’ll love where you contribute to saving lives every day
This is a great opportunity to join an iconic organisation that truly makes a difference in keeping people safe in our public waters.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
SLSQ is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates are required to undertake a working with children check.
Please remember to always swim between the red and yellow flags!