First Aid Trainer
SLSQ is seeking a highly motivated First Aid Trainer to join our Training & Education Department.
Who We Are:
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) employs over 550 people throughout Queensland. We are a vibrant organisation servicing over 33,000 members. Formally established in 1930, we are the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland, comprising of 57 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches. Our organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants. We are directly affiliated with, and are a part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF).
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives.
Our Organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising, aviation, lifeguards and commercial training.
About the Role:
SLSQ is seeking a Brisbane based First Aid Trainer. We are looking for someone who provides quality training to clients (non-life saving club members) with outstanding customer service and promotes the SLSQ Education brand. Flexibility with opportunities for casual and permanent roles. Whether you’re looking for full time work, part time work on specific days or casual work we have a range of jobs available.
- Delivering quality first aid related training courses to a variety of clientele
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Ability to follow appropriate lesson plans and marker guides
- Prepare and assess candidates according to RTOs assessment systems
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound level of First Aid, CPR, and other emergency care knowledge
- Self- motivated and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of general RTO operating requirements (desirable)
- Experience in dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office program skills
- Experience delivering nationally recognised training, ideally in a similar field
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) (required)
- Provide and maintain working with Children Blue card & National Police Clearance (required)
- Holds current qualifications in the courses to be delivered within the position, (or ability to obtain)
Why Work for SLSQ:
- Access to salary Packaging benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
- Passionate and focused team environment working to a common goal
- A job you’ll love where you contribute to saving lives every day
This is a great opportunity to join an iconic organisation that truly makes a difference in keeping people safe in our public waters.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
SLSQ is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates are required to undertake a working with children check.
Please remember to always swim between the red and yellow flags!