Casual Pool Lifeguard Positions Townsville
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill Casual Pool Lifeguard positions in Townsville.
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) was formally established in 1930, is the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland and comprises of 58 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches which service more than 36,000 members.
SLSQ employs over 550 people throughout Queensland and is an efficient and vibrant organisation. The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than462,000 participants.
SLSQ is directly affiliated with and is part of, Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF). SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives with a vision of zero preventable deaths in Queensland public waters. Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms; Lifesaving services, Community education, Membership services, Surf sports, Fundraising and Commercial training.
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principal: to save lives.
Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill Casual Pool Lifeguard positions in Townsville. Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining supervision and safety of designated lifesaving patrol areas within a designated bathing reserve, provide advice on safety to visitors and perform rescues, first aid and resuscitation as required
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To conduct Lifeguard Operations within the areas allocated by the Regional Lifeguard Supervisor or Senior Duty Lifeguard.
- To establish a safe bathing area for the public and proactively manage the patrolled area for hazard reduction.
- To maintain currency in life saving skills.
Required Education & Experience
- SLS Bronze Medallion and Certificate II in Public Safety (Essential)
- First Aid Certificate (Essential)
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate (Essential)
- Working with Children Blue Card (Essential)
- Capable of completing required lagoon or beach fitness testing outlined in – LGOM 019
- Proof of Identity Check (points of identification and working rights) (Essential)
- Demonstrable commitment to empowering and respecting children and young people (Essential)
Why work for SLSQ
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
- Passionate and focused team environment working to a common goal
- A job you’ll love where you contribute to saving lives every day
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation, then APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates are required to undertake a working with children check.