Casual Community Awareness Presenter
SLSQ is seeking highly motivated Casual Community Awareness Presenters to fill 30 Brisbane based positions (September 2023 Commencement)
Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) was formally established in 1930, is the governing body for surf
lifesaving in Queensland and comprises of 58 affiliated surf lifesaving clubs in six regional branches
which service more than 36,000 members.
SLSQ employs over 550 people throughout Queensland and is an efficient and vibrant organisation.
The organisation also includes supporters’ clubs and a range of programs that involve more than
SLSQ is directly affiliated with and is part of, Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International
Life Saving Federation (ILF). SLSQ is built on a fundamental principle: to save lives with a vision of
zero preventable deaths in Queensland public waters. Our organisation encompasses several diverse
arms; Lifesaving services, Community education, Membership services, Surf sports, Fundraising and
SLSQ is built on a fundamental principal: to save lives.
Our organisation encompasses several diverse arms – lifesaving services, community education,
membership services, surf sports, fundraising and commercial training.
About the Role
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to
promote the importance of beach and water safety. Community Awareness has a wide variety of
programs that cater to all ages. The ideal candidate will be able to develop strong public speaking
skills and comfortably engage with large groups. If you have a passion for education and enthusiasm
for ensuring the community is safe at the beach then this role is a great fit for you.
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (Bronze Medallion) (or be willing to obtain
- Paid Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to obtain one quickly)
- First Aid certificate (desired)
- Vehicle Driver’s Licence (desired)
- Advance Resuscitation Techniques (or equivalent) (desired)
- Applicants who are interested in the role that don’t yet meet the requirements of the role can be
- diverted to development opportunities prior to employment.
Why work for SLSQ
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
- Passionate and focused team environment working to a common goal
- A job you’ll love where you contribute to saving lives every day
If you want to work with a purpose-driven organisation then APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young
people. All candidates are required to undertake a working with children check.
**SEPTEMBER 2023 INTAKE**