Aeronautical Radio Operator Course (AROC)
RPAS operations will often require the operator to communicate on an aviation air-band radiofrequency. To do this you MUST hold an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC). This AROC is included in the RePL training package, however, Ripper’s Aviation Academy are also pleased to offer it as a stand-alone course.
- Understand when to use and not use Airband Radio
- Understand transmitters, receivers, antennae and propagation
- Aviation Phraseology
- User of numbers, letters -wind / headings.
- Know what to say, how and when.
- Transmission limitation of VHF Airband Radio
- Understand VHF Radio
- Understand Radio Terminology
- Aircraft radio systems
- What to say, when and where
- Online / Live Presentations
- Practical Radio Call Exercise
- Accèss to Commercial Pilots on staff to practice anytime
- Construct your own Radio call for RPAS Ops