SLSQ Centre of Excellence
Surf Life Saving Queensland is currently undertaking development of a concept ‘centre of excellence’ in lifesaving, with modern, purpose-built facilities to allow for the continued growth and development of the organisation.
The Australian-first development will be based in Cleveland and encompass an aquatic centre and emergency precinct. The proposed Centre of Excellence will not only house SLSQ’s state-wide operations and administration, it will also include world-class aquatic facilities to train and upskill surf lifesavers and lifeguards from across Queensland, Australia, and internationally.
Key features and components of this facility include:
- Expansion of SLSQ’s state headquarters with additional space for future growth
- SLSQ’s communications and coordination centre
- Adequate storage facilities including consolidation of state stores and disaster response equipment
- Purpose-built facilities to enable the training of highly skilled lifesavers and lifeguards from around the world, to be tied into the development of a formal, nationally recognised qualification/s.
- Bringing new jobs to Redland City
- Once established, extension of Centre of Excellence open water programs to North Stradbroke Island.